Pricing, Estimates, and Payments
What to expect when budgeting for your design
There are many variables to consider when creating a custom piece, so it's difficult to give a quote on the spot. We ask that you provide us at least 24 -48 hours to source gems and create an accurate quote for your design. This helps to prevent costly surprises and enables us to find you the highest quality raw materials.
Custom design offers you a much more personal experience and beautiful, quality finished piece that you will enjoy for years, but it can be labor intensive and time consuming. It costs more than mass manufactured jewelry, but we believe you'll find it's worth the price.
Some costs you should expect to pay during your project:
Labor costs are highly variable, and depend on the complexity of your design, how many stones your design has, and the type of fabrication and finishing. You can expect to pay a variable designer fee that is based on the expected detail level of your design, charges for rubber molds, wax models, refining, casting, and finishing, and costs for stone setting and finish application, along with any additional extra services your item may need.
An itemized estimate will be provided for each of these charges before we begin work.
Metals are priced by the pennyweight (DWT). A heavier piece in a higher karat gold will cost more than a light piece in sterling silver. Metal prices change frequently due to commodities markets, so please contact us for an accurate quote. An average ladies' ring weighs between ~3-10 pennyweights, a large men's ring can be ~15-20 pennyweights, and a heavy class ring can be ~20-35 pennyweights.
Gems can also vary considerably in price, depending on quality, scarcity, and global markets. If budget is a consideration, lab-created or synthetic stones may be a good option to balance cost with your design vision. Gems are set entirely by hand in a very labor-intensive process, so pieces with many stones to set will be more expensive than relatively simple designs.
You may also choose to add special platings or finishes, such as rhodium overlays. This should be calculated into your expected maintenance costs for your item, as these finishes should be replaced every 2-3 years with regular wear.
Verbal estimates are approximations only; all firm estimates will be given in writing and are valid for 30 days
- All pricing will have center & major side stones priced out separately. Small diamond melee (under .10 ct.) is generally included in pricing, unless noted on your quote.
- Pricing is subject to change based on market fluctuation.
- Totals on projects that have already started will not be changed more than 10% without prior notification and approval from the customer.
- If the customer pauses production for more than 6 months, the quote will be revised.
- We require a 50% non-refundable deposit on custom work and full payment on principal gemstones before starting work.
- We accept credit cards for any amount if presented in person.
- For internet purchases, we reserve the right to limit credit card payments to $2000.
- We may require an ID photo with your credit card, correct billing address and a signed credit card form. We also accept checks, wire transfers or money orders.
- We currently collect sales tax for orders delivered in Florida and Connecticut, sales tax is subject to change and is based on delivery time and address.
- We reserve the right to hold orders to allow time for payment clearing.
- Discounts, coupons and promotions cannot be combined.
Please contact us for more detailed pricing estimates.
Your design fee will be requested before any CAD work takes place. Once you decide to proceed with your design, we will contact you to arrange for the payment of your non-refundable 50% deposit. If you are paying via layaway, we will begin production once you reach the 50% mark. The remainder of your balance is due upon delivery.
If you are interested in financing your design project through Acima, you may fill out an application here.
Book Your Consultation Now
We can't wait to help you create the perfect piece of jewelry to tell your story!
Click below to fill out a short questionnaire and we'll get started!